The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) is a Illinois statute (5 ILCS 140) intended to increase the transparency and accountability of government at all levels. Any person who wishes to inspect and/or obtain copies of public records from the Village of Morton must submit an FOIA request to the Village Clerk. Requests for police documents are handled by the Police FOIA Officer located at the Police Department at 375 W. Birchwood and requests for fire department documents are handled by the Fire Department FOIA Officer located at 300 W. Courtland St.
- Village Clerk — Sam Ritthaler, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Village Administrator — Julie Smick, email@example.com
- Fire Department, Director of Fire & Emergency Services — Joe Kelley, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Police Department, Deputy Chief of Police — Jason Miller, email@example.com
- Detective Sergeant — Ray Ham, firstname.lastname@example.org