Planning & Community Development
The Planning and Code Enforcement Officer is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the Morton Zoning Ordinance, providing staff support to the Plan Commission and the Zoning Board of Appeals, ensuring compliance with various building codes, performing code enforcement activities, plat and subdivision review with respect to assuring all requirements are met before a plat is signed and filed, computes fees due the Village in relation to planning and zoning such as annexation or development fees.
The Village of Morton is adopting the 2015 edition of the International Building Code and a copy has been placed on file in the Village Clerk’s Office. The new edition is effective 60 days from July 7, 2014, the date of publication of this Notice. If you have any questions, please call the Zoning Office at 266-5361 ext. 252.
Any electrical work done valued at $1,000 or more will require an electrical permit, as well as any needed inspections. Electrical work may be done by property owners on their own property; all other work will require a licensed electrical contractor. If you have any questions, call the Zoning Office at 266-5361 ext. 252.
Beginning November 1, 2010 any plumbing work being done with a value of $1,000 or more (includes all material and labor) will require a plumbing permit, as well as the needed inspections. A property owner may do plumbing work on his or her own property, but the work must be done in accordance with the Illinois State Plumbing Code. If you have any questions regarding the new change please call the Zoning Office at 266-5361 ext. 252.
- B-1 Districts (Professional Office) — 10-6-2-c B-2
- Districts (General Business) — B 10-6-3-c B-3
- Districts (Highway and Service Commercial — 10-6-4-c I-1
- Districts (Restricted Industrial) — 10-7-2-c I-2
- Districts (General Industrial) — 10-7-3-c
- Located within the interstate corridor as defined in 10-2-1 — 10-4-7-c
- B-1 / B-2 Districts — 10-4-3-D-1-a
- B-3 Districts — 10-4-3-D-1-b
- I-1 / I-2 Districts — 10-4-3-D-1-b
- Business and Commercial Uses — 10-8-6-C & D / 10-8-8-A
- Industrial Uses — 10-8-6-E / 10-8-8-A
- B-1 Districts — 10-9-6-A
- B-2 / B-3 Districts — 10-9-6-B
- I-1 / I-2 Districts — 10-9-7-A
- Landscaping Requirements — 10-4-6-B-5
Attention Village of Morton Enterprise Zone Participants
- Beginning January 1, 2016, a new zone will replace the current Village of Morton Enterprise Zone
- This new zone will be called the “Southern Tazewell Zone” and will have a new application and associated materials
- Benefits that will continue with this new zone include sales tax abatement along with ½ price building permits. Property tax abatements will be granted on a case by case basis depending on how qualifying criteria is met
- Benefits which will not include discounted plumbing and electrical permits, or reduced tap-in fees
- All projects that are to begin by the end of 2015 must have their respective permits issued by December 30, 2015 to receive any of the expiring benefits
- Questions? Call Brad Marks at (309) 266-5361 ext. 252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.