Village of Morton Announces Third Round of Business Sustainability Grants
Reminder – Grant applications are due Monday, August 2 by 4:00 pm
The Village of Morton is announcing a third, and potentially final, round of Business Sustainability Grants. Highlights of the grant are:
- Due date – Applications are due by 4:00 pm on August 2, 2021. Applications can be submitted in person at 120 N. Main St., Morton, IL, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- Eligible business types – All business types are eligible (except for the following exclusions) if their location lies within the corporate boundaries of Morton, IL.
- Excluded businesses include – private clubs, businesses that restrict membership, businesses that derive more than 33% of their gross annual revenue from gambling activities, businesses engaged in multi-level marketing, not for profit businesses, and payday lenders.
- Grant maximum is $25,000. The Village will award up to $25,000 to applicants based upon the applicant’s verified eligible expenses. If the total amount of approved grants for all eligible applicants exceeds the funds remaining, all awards will be prorated based on their pro-rata dollar amount of the total.
- Business Qualifications – Eligible businesses must certify that their total gross revenue for 2019 and 2020 was below $1,000,000 and they employed fewer than 50 W-2 employees in 2019.
- Eligible expenses – The period of expense reimbursement has been extended to include any month(s) between March 1, 2020, through June 30, 2021. Rent/lease or mortgage payments and utility expenses, which includes water, electric, gas, waste disposal sanitation, telephone and internet expenses. These expenses cannot have been reimbursed by any other emergency response program.
- Eligibility periods – businesses are eligible for reimbursement of eligible expenses for any month that their total gross revenue for the month is at least 25% lower than the same month in 2019. If a range of months meets this threshold, all months within that range are eligible.
Additional eligibility requirements are detailed in the grant application packet. Please review it thoroughly.
The document linked above is the grant application packet. You may pick up a printed copy of the packet at our office at 120 N. Main St., Morton. Please contact Village Administrator, Julie Smick, at 309-266-5361, ext. 284, or by email at email@example.com with any questions.