Yard Waste Disposal Program Fall 2018
YARD WASTE DISPOSAL PROGRAM
Open: Wednesday, October 17 – Sunday, November 25
8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. daily (Wednesday-Sunday)
CLOSED ON MONDAYS & TUESDAYS
CLOSED ON THURSDAY, NOV. 22 & FRIDAY NOV. 23 FOR THANKSGIVING
VILLAGE OF MORTON RESIDENTS ONLY: Free yard waste disposal is available at Sewage Treatment Plant #2, 2625 S. Fourth (at the corner of S. Fourth and Broadway Rd.). Verification of name & address required.
The program is “self-serve” as it has been in the past. A fenced area at STP#2 will be designated for yard waste disposal. Assistance will not be provided for removal or dumping of landscape waste, so please plan accordingly.
The following regulations and limitations must be met:
- Only leaves, grass clippings, and tree branches (no greater than 5′ in length or 4″ in diameter), and any associated landscape waste will be accepted.
- No paper or plastic bags will be allowed for disposal.
- Neither landscaping timber (railroad ties) nor construction lumber is allowed.
- No commercial enterprise may deposit landscape waste at this site.
- “Root mass” from trees, bushes, or shrubbery is not allowed.
- No pet waste, household garbage or plant containers of any kind at this site.
- No yard waste is to be left outside the designated fenced area.
- Video surveillance will take place during the program.
Please follow, or help us police these rules to ensure the continued operation of this free yard waste disposal program for all citizens of Morton.
Remember that it is a violation of Village ordinances to deposit landscape and yard waste on Village property (in the streets, in Prairie and Bull Run Creeks, down storm sewers, etc.), and that open burning of landscape waste or any kind of garbage is prohibited within the Village limits.