Village of Morton
The Village of Morton
Wastewater Treatment Department duties
- Operate and maintain 2 treatment plants
- Maintain sanitary/combined sewer collection system
- Clean and televise sanitary and storm sewer collection systems
- Inspection of sanitary sewer installations
- Locate sanitary and storm sewers for the Julie “One call” system
- Administer Sump pump / Footing tile inspections program
- Administer the Mosquito abatement program
- Maintain the landscape waste program
***MOSQUITO CONTROL***The Tazewell County Health Dept offers the following tips for reducing thenumber of mosquitos:
1. Remove old tires, tin cans, buckets, drums, bottles or any water holding containers.
2. Fill in or drain low places (puddles, ruts, etc) in the yard.
3. Keep roof gutters free of leaves and other debris.
4. Cover trash containers to keep rainwater out.
5. Repair leaky outside faucets.
6. Empty plastic wading pools at least once a week and store inside when not in use.
7. Unused swimming pools should be drained and kept dry during mosquito season.
8. Fill in tree rot holes and hollow stumps that hold water.
9. Change water in bird baths and plant pots or drip trays at least once each week.
10. Store boats covered or upside down, or remove rainwater weekly.
11. Keep grass cut short and shrubbery well trimmed around the house.
12. Make sure ornamental ponds are stocked with fish that eat mosquito larvae.
13. Repair window screens.
14. When outdoors in the evening or when mosquitoes are biting, use personal protective measures to prevent mosquito bites (proper use of insect repellent and appropriate clothing).
See www.idph.state.il.us for specific personal protection recommendations.