The Morton Pumpkin Festival has flourished as one of the area's most popular events since it's first year in 1967. The Pumpkin Festival is a communal event that offers a wealth of fun for all walks of life.
Some of the top attractions that take places during the Morton Pumpkin Festival include:
- Pumpkin Classic Run and Walk: festival goers can register for the 10k run or the 2 mile walk. Afterward, athletes can enjoy a post race party at the Pumpkin Festival grounds.
- The Pumpkin Craft Faire: drawing over 150 participants, the Pumpkin Craft Faire is one of the festival's most popular events. The Craft Faire takes place between Jefferson and Adams St.
- The Pumpkin Business Expo: showcasing displays and merchandise from over 50 businesses in the central Illinois area, the Pumpkin Business Expo is enables festival goers to learn about the various business, products and services in and surrounding Morton.
- The Pumpkin Festival Parade: held on Saturday morning of the Pumpkin Festival, the parade is can't-miss event that's fun for all ages.
- The Photography Show: also on Saturday, festival goers can scope out the talent behind some of the area's finest photographers. All photos are professionally judged, critiqued, and awarded accordingly.
- The Pumpkin Festival's Food: one of the best reasons to visit the Morton Pumpkin Festival is to indulge in a diversity of food options. And if you're feeling ambitious with your appetite, you can test your stomach at the Pumpkin Pie Eating contest.
These are just some of the attractions and events that take place at the Morton Pumpkin Festival. To learn more, you can visit the website for more information.